Saturday, January 14, 2012

Word of the Day #2 - Amnesia

It sounds so much more serious than forgetfulness, and I have chosen 'Amnesia' as Word of the Day #2 for a good reason.

Mr Forgetful


A little while ago, I met somebody who said they'd been looking at The Letterbug's blog. When I say "a little while ago", what I actually mean is AGES ago - Lordy have I been neglecting the Letterbug's blog!



Anyway, this valued client of mine said he had enjoyed reading about Word of the Day #1 - Ubiquitous.


"Really?" said his companion, who turned to me and said,
"What does ubiquitous mean?"



Long silence, crickets chirping, a dog barks somewhere in the distance...



I couldn't remember! Gah!!!!



There's nothing like being put on the spot to make me go completely, tragically, and gut-wrenchingly blank. Let's just say it was one of the lower points of my day - and for now I choose to blame amnesia, hahaha!



Word of the Day #2:

Amnesia
[am·ne·sia] n. Partial or total loss of memory, usually resulting from shock, psychological disturbance, brain injury, or illness.



Note: In my case, the shock and psychological disturbance came after the amnesia.



Let's never mention this incident again, okay?



Another note: Candidate for Word of the Day #3– hypochondria!



Jen x



PS: Happy New Year - let's hope I can manage to squeeze in a WHOLE LOT more blogging this year :)



Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails